The dining space is very important in the dynamic of a house. It encourages social interaction between the family members and is normally one of the most used spaces in a house. So, managing the dining space is quite important and tricky since it is a space the entire family shares and must feel comfortable there.
A few pointers about the dining space are:
- Easy to reach – where the dining table is located is the most important – chose a place close to the kitchen and the living space.
- Lighting – targeted lighting is a must [TIP: choose a statement lamp(or lamps), with targeted light and let it hang over the table at about 1,40m over the floor]
- The table – Pick a table you absolutely love and start from here!
- Chairs – total freedom in choosing chairs – you can go from the classic 6 of a kind to mixing up colours or going crazy with a mix and match! Everything goes!
- Accentuated or integrated: the dining can be easily transformed into an accent space in your house or be integrated with rest of the space.
I’ve picked a few examples to show you what I mean and how a bit of black, used for the table, chairs or lamps can literally make the place pop!
to be continued….